Provide technical support and service for all MGC Diagnostics’ systems as well as new products and product revisions by providing on-site remedial service, preventative maintenance, product installation, product recertification and upgrades. Assist customers and bio-medical engineers who need technical assistance. Meet standards set by Field Service Manager for improving customer satisfaction and reducing warranty expenses. Advise design engineering, as requested, to produce the most serviceable and maintainable products consistent with corporate objectives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Interface with Field Service Support Team, and Field Service Manager to provide prompt, courteous and effective service support to MGC Diagnostics customer base.
- Complete documentation of service calls and transfer reports to MGC Diagnostics Field Service Support Center.
- Relay updates regarding customer database changes regarding equipment, location, operators or accounting information.
- Interface with Field Service Support Team, Product Managers, Quality Assurance and Technical Support with input for new products and product revisions to ensure requirements for documentation and serviceability are met.
- Control service inventories assigned and ensure all equipment sent to customer is returned.
- Provide service and sales management with timely written reports on progress, recommendations and concerns.
- Fill out and complete all assigned open cases in CRM weekly. Submit expense reports weekly.
- Monitor travel expenses to maintain high efficiency and low cost to meet financial goals.
- Communicate effectively with service team and sales support to ensure travel schedule is effective, efficient and customers are satisfied.
- Accept other responsibilities as assigned.
- Complete training as identified by standard operating procedures and procedural work instructions.
- Regular attendance is an essential job function.
- Follow all Company policies and procedures relating to confidential propriety information (CPI) including but not limited to what is outlined in the Confidentiality and Non-Solicitation Agreement.
- BS in electrical engineering, bio-medical or equivalent preferred. Minimum 2 year degree in electronics or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years field service experience servicing medical equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- High computer proficiency.
Working Conditions or Physical Requirements
- Will be required to regularly sit for extended periods of time while traveling and regularly stand for extended periods of time while at customer sites; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, talk, hear and see. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or reach with hands and arms. Ability to load and unload MGC Diagnostics’ equipment from vehicle. The environment is fast-paced; time pressured and requires accuracy. Will be required to regularly multi-task between projects, move throughout customer facilities and effectively communicate. The customer environment will vary but include (but is not limited to): hospitals (to include patient areas), clinics and doctors’ offices.
- Some overtime required.
- Business travel by plane or car. Overnight travel up to 85% to include some weekends.
- Valid driver’s license.
If this sounds like a good fit, please consider submitting your resume and cover letter in the form below.